Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Prayer

This week is prayer week for the church here. You can sign up for an hour and people are always praying at the church for the whole week. We made papers with our pictures and prayer request or praises. We were suppose to leave room for people to write encourgaments. On Sunday I got to help set up the stations which followed the Lord´s prayer. Some of the youth here are so creative. Well I am not so I tried to set things up like tables and organize some of the boys who werent doing anything unless you tell them to. Well Maximo and I set out on a search for a cross that they had had before. After awhile we found it in three pieces so then we went on a search for a hammer, nails, and a new piece of wood. Maximo is one of the guys I live with whose dad is a carpenter and preaches at the church sometimes. Well I hammered the nails in and fixed the cross haha Everyone who knows me knows that I like to do boy things :) Well then comes Monday and there are many spaces that are not filled so guess who got to fill them..the slave (intern) as they call me :) I got to pray for a total of three hours but not all together. I was nervous about praying for three hours but it turned out amazing. Just me and God...life changing! Today I had to pray for one hour but tomorrow is another day.
The people here are so amazing but so broken at the same time. I found out one of the ladies that I ate lunch with got pregnant at 13 years old. She now has that daughter and a 14 year old and a 12 year old. She met her husband at a bar and now they are both Christians whose lives are turned around. She said her side of the family is all a mess though. Amazing what God can do. I have heard so many bad stories of people coming to the church and then messing up big time. Reminds me of some of my experience with foster care. You pour your life into someone who turns around and rejects it. I think God is teaching me and has put me through experience to figure out how to deal with these issues. No one will ever be ok with someone rejecting them but with God in the picture it is different.
Please continue to pray for me and wisdom for the future. Also for the people of Pachuca! 

No comments:

Post a Comment